Our approach is tailored to each client as sustainability is a different challenge for each organisation.
Whatever the best approach for your business, the fundamentals of good sustainability management are about:
- Aligning sustainability with core business strategy and objectives.
- Corporate behaviour and beliefs (or culture and values) reflecting a commitment.
- Integrating sustainability into the decision making process at the highest level. Making it part and parcel of core governance processes, such as risk management, investment due diligence and remuneration decisions.
- Knowing who your stakeholders are; actively partnering with the key ones and systematically engaging and learning with the others.
- Focussing on key business issues (what we call material issues) and managing them to achieve desired outcomes.
- Walking the talk; from HR practices to managing the supply chain right through to having a green head office.
- Communicating transparently and effectively.
- Managing and monitoring your sustainability activities.
Our typical client journey involves:
- Getting started: undertaking a sustainability baseline and identifying priorities
- Getting clarity: developing a sustainability strategy
- Making it real: helping to implement the strategy, from performance management & monitoring to help with specific issues such as labour practices and climate change
- Reaching out: engaging with internal and external audiences, sustainability communication