ESG Reporting - Executive Training in partnership with the Hawkamah Institute
The last couple of years has seen a dramatic increase in ESG investing. With an estimated $50 trillion of global investment funds now going through an ESG due diligence screen, sustainability reporting has never been more topical.
In parallel, standard setters and regulators are raising the ESG bar ever higher for corporate reporters – as highlighted by the recently revised GRI Standards and increasing regulation, for instance in the EU.
With over 90% of world’s largest companies now making disclosures on their sustainability and ESG performance, reporting is now part and parcel of what it means to be a well governed company in the 21st century.
The Workshop will:
• Help companies get on the ESG reporting journey.
• Translate the theory of standards and best practice into concrete corporate actions.
• Understand internal and external drivers for reporting.
• Plan and implement an effective reporting program that also adds value.
• Appreciate current status of reporting internationally and regionally.
Date & time: 27 & 28 October 2021 (11 am – 2 pm Dubai time)
Cost: • Hawkamah members: 400 USD • Non-members: 550 USD
Location: Online platform – MS Teams
State of play
• Mapping the landscape – What is happening internationally and regionally?
• Demystifying ESG Reporting – What does it mean and which forms does it take?
• Mega trends – Can reporting save the world?
• External drivers – Who is expecting companies to report and why?
• Internal benefits – What is the business case for ESG reporting?
What makes a good ESG report
• Standards and regulations – Which standards and regulations matter and why?
• Materiality matters – How to meet external and internal expectations and ensure that reporting adds value?
How to get started
• Know your audiences and their expectations.
• Set your ambition and assess your preparedness
• Plan your longer-term journey